Attorney at Law
Justin M. Murphy
With a diverse work background that includes non-profit organizations, state and federal government, as well as private law firms, Justin Murphy possesses a specialized and distinct skill set that greatly benefits his clients. This extensive experience not only directly addresses his clients' legal needs but also enriches his legal practice, ensuring that his clients receive leading edge, professional legal representation.
Mr. Murphy’s legal practice is rooted in community service, and he is committed to taking on as many pro bono cases as possible to assist those who lack the financial resources to hire an attorney. His dedication to providing legal assistance to those in need is a reflection of his commitment to the well-being of the community he serves.
In 2018, after 4 years of litigation, Mr. Murphy won a hard-fought decision at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) finding the employer liable for illegally terminating his client in retaliation for making a workplace discrimination complaint. See Cesar v. Danvers Management Systems, 14-BEM-02491 (2018). In 2019, after 6 years of litigation, Mr. Murphy won a decision at MCAD finding the employer liable for racial discrimination and wrongful termination. See Duane v. Rte. 2 Hyundai, 13-WEM-00440 (2019).
Mr. Murphy is a Massachusetts native and has spent his entire life in the Commonwealth. He graduated from Thayer Academy in Braintree, Massachusetts, obtained his bachelor's degree from Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts, and went on to complete his legal education at Vermont Law School in South Royalton, Vermont.
- Licensed to practice law in Massachusetts and the US District Court for the District of Massachusetts (Federal Court)
- Member of the Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member of the Boston Bar Association
- Member of the Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP) of the Boston Bar Association
- Member of Massachusetts Employment Lawyers Association (MELA)
- 2022-23 Expertise.com Top Employment Lawyers in Boston
- 2021 Boston Magazine Top Lawyers
- 2013-2022 Recipient of Avvo.com Client’s Choice Award
- Recognition from the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court for providing significant pro bono legal services in years 2013-2022
- Proud recipient of the Boston Bar Association President’s Award for his pro bono services to victims of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing