Attorney Murphy has been working on several employment cases that are game changing for his clients. These cases mostly involve misclassification of individuals as “independent contractors”. Unfortunately, as independent contractors these individuals previously believed they did not have standing to bring lawsuits against their employer for discrimination, wage and hour violations, breach of privacy, among other employment claims. Upon further investigation, however, Attorney Murphy determined these individuals were arguably misclassified in violation of Massachusetts law. Instead, Attorney Murphy asserts these individuals constitute “employees” for purposes of Massachusetts employment law. This change in classification opens a barrage of available claims to his clients seeking redress for wrongs committed in the workplace.
- “Probable Cause” at the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD)
- Trial Success: Employer Liable for Racial Discrimination/Wrongful Termination
- Litigation Success: Landlord Ordered to Pay $66,600.70
- Security Deposit Illegally Withheld / Illegal to Charge Constable Fees
- Trial Success: Employer Liable for Wrongful Termination
- Tel 617.921.8932